After being still high (or tired?) after my very first mini-TRY-triathlon, I accidently deleted Triathlon Activity from Garmin Connect app on my iPhone (in other words, after the watch synchronised it with the app). Activity still was visible on the watch but won’t appear in the list of the activities in the app even after 10+ attempts to synch (both with the app and directly with Garmin Express).
Two hours of trying different solutions from tens of forums dated 2012 and vuolia- the activity is back! If you are in the same situation, here is what you need to do:
- Plug in your Garmin to the computer with the USB-cable that you normally charge it with. Computer will recognise it as an external USB-drive.
- Open GARMIN – ACTIVITY folder.
- Find a *.fit file that looks right according to the “date modified” field.
- Save it locally on your computer.
- Go to Garmin Connect website and choose Activities – All Activities. In the top right corner there will be a link “Import”.
- In a new import page open a *.fit file that you saved earlier.
- Enjoy the data 🙂